Contact

P: 229.439.0240
F: 229.439.0241
info@graprestoration.com

Get a Quote

Request a Free Quote

Like us on Facebook

Media

Check out photos of past projects, view our blog, read testimonials of some of our clients, and check out our FAQ.

“Mold” is a dirty word to most of us-- nearly everyone instantly tenses up as soon as they hear the word. We know it’s bad for us, and the thought of it thriving where we live, work, and let our loved ones near is an unsettling idea. So how do you get rid of it for good? Here are some tips from our experts.

Know your Enemy

To make sure mold is unwelcome in your home, you need to know how it can get there and what makes it stay. Mold thrives in warm, damp places with organic materials, such as drywall or wood. Once it finds a comfortable spot, it grows rapidly. Common places you’ll see mold are in basements, kitchens, bathrooms, and crawl spaces.

Seeing your personal possessions and home face damage and destruction from fire can be one of the most devastating disasters a person can experience. No matter the size or severity of the fire, the aftermath of a fire can be equally daunting. As experts in fire repair and restoration, our experts at GRAP are here to offer you clear guidance and reassurance in restoring your home after a fire.

Initial Inspection

When you call our office, our team will ask you some detailed questions about the nature of the fire at your home. We’ll then send out a team with equipment appropriate to your unique situation.

Mold hiding in your home poses expensive and unpleasant repairs. But, the dangers mold brings to your health is of even greater concern. Prolonged exposure to black mold can cause serious short and long term health issues in humans and animals.

Understand the Risk

Mold is a naturally occurring fungus that most people will come in contact with at one time or another in negligible amounts. However, if mold finds a spot to thrive and multiplies, it can grow rapidly and cause serious health problems.

Fire damage is devastating. Even though fire is something all around us abstractly, having a fire strike in your own home can be overwhelming. In the midst of personal loss, you are left with figuring out how to repair your home. Here are a few questions to ask any potential vendors:

1. What are your credentials?

When you are dealing with fire restoration, it is very important to make sure that the vendor you choose is highly certified. You want to hear any potential vendor say they are certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning Restoration Certification). Don’t be afraid to ask about the accreditations and licences held by a potential vendor--you want the very best for your home! 

GRAP holds certifications by the IICR and the National Home Builders Association. If you’d like more information on what these certifications mean--or would like details on accreditations and awards, please ask. We’re very proud of our work and would love to share details with you.

As leaves fall and the weather turns cooler, it’s important to keep a few safety tips in mind. With proper precautions and awareness, you and your family can enjoy the cooler weather without risk of damage to your home or property.

Use Candles with Caution

Candles create a cozy ambiance that fall weather often invites--especially when it is not quite cold enough for a bonfire. However, it is essential that you exercise proper precautions when burning candles. Keep children, pets, and loose papers out of reach of candles, and never leave candles burning in empty rooms. Be sure to blow out any lit candles before you go to sleep.